- Clear your inbox! – Set aside time to sift through email – don’t go into 2011 with unanswered email over your head.
- Delete any unread newsletters, articles, feeds, magazines. Let them go – there will plenty more in 2011!
- Empty your sent, trash and archive files. It will speed up your email program!
- Pay bills and issue invoices if you’re a SBO or contractor
- Balance your financial accounts
- Organize your financial documents in one place – makes tax time easier
- Make budget for 2013!
- Tackle paper files - sort, toss & file old papers – condense & organize files
- Organize your work space – clean slate in 2013
- Check your supplies – do you have enough to get you thru? Too many?
- Clean up your E-desk - Delete, condense, and organize desktop shortcuts & electronic files.
- Uninstall programs you no longer use
- Back up your computer files to an external hard drive or the cloud!
- Consider your electronic needs and equipment – do you need to upgrade
Evaluate unfinished projects - do they still matter to you? If not, let them go…
Do a review of the year – What did you achieve? What went worked? What didn’t?
Set goals, intentions, focus for 2012… what do you want next year to look like?
Rest - give yourself permission to take a well-deserved break!