To my way of thinking there are three aspects or necessary components to growing in life, work, fulfillment, success, balance, relationships, anything really.
Explore, Expand, Evolve
This sort of sums up my philosophy of both my work and my life.
You really need all three to be your most effective, to live your best life, to have your most successful career. They work together, building on one another and circling back and forth to form an intricate web which is the foundation for all growth, in business and in life.
But what do these words mean? How do they apply to you? To your business? To your life?
Here’s the boiled-down Cliff Notes version of my understanding and my practice.
Explore = Assess
- Look at the situation, the problem, the reality, the goal
- Learn more about options, choices, motivations, thought and behavior patterns
- Generate ideas, contemplate possible solutions
- Who am I? As a person, as a professional?
- What am I doing? Or not doing?
- What do I want to accomplish?
- What is missing? Or what is not working?
Expand = Move forward
- Be more productive
- Formulate a plan
- Take action
- What do I need to do to get from A to B, or A to F?
- Where can I get help?
- How can I best use my time?
Evolve = Change
- What do I need to change?
- What isn’t working?
- Where am I stuck?
- Do I need to shift my focus?
- How do I need to revise my plans and strategies?
- Do I need to modify my behaviors?
- Are there patterns or habits that need to change?
Your Mini-Mission for this week: How can you apply the 3E’s to your life or business?
Leave a comment or share on our Facebook page.
Just joining us… Find all of the Mini-Missions here…