Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did. ~Newt Gingrich
Perseverance –Definition: A steady and continued action or belief, usually over a long period and especially despite difficulties or setbacks .
“I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position one has reached in life as by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed.”
Booker T Washington
Perseverance is one of the most essential qualities that we require to achieve our goals. It is often the key that separates accomplishment from disappointment. You must go after a goal and dig in to a task or project until it is completed. This is sometimes the hardest facet of productivity to master. It is much easier when things go smoothly – the real test is when the obstacles and excuses start rolling in. When this happens; take a page from Nike and “Just Do It!”
Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Tips to help you persevere:
1. Get very clear on what your goal is.
2. Set your intention and visualize success.
3. Research and acquire the knowledge necessary to succeed.
4. Develop a good support system.
5. Keep a positive attitude.
6. Choose productive behaviors & maintain a healthy lifestyle.
7. Be willing to take risks & don’t be afraid of mistakes.
8. Stay consistent with small steps every day
9. Set a deadline & checkpoints
10. Reward yourself for a job well done!
The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one comes from a strong will, and the other from a strong won’t. ~Henry Ward Beecher